BC PNP Tech Pilot program Overview
BC PNP Tech Pilot was started in 2017, it is a pilot program within the Provincial Nominee Program of British Columbia. This pilot program of British Columbia PNP allows an opportunity to candidates, who are working in technology occupations to apply to BC PNP with a faster route to get nominations.
British Columbia has decided to extend this pilot program till June 2021, to allow the candidates working in the tech pilot profession to continuing the benefits of the pilot program.
BC PNP pilot program is not a separate PNP stream. This pilot program is aligned with the existing BC PNP Skills Immigration and Express Entry BC sub-stream. An applicant needs to satisfy all the criteria related to these PNP sub-streams. This program is started to expedite the processing of applicants who are applying under one of the 29 eligible occupations, to meet the growing demand for technology-related occupations in the province of British Columbia.
BC PNP conducts draw for Tech Pilot program to invite registered candidates. Invited candidates are given 30 days to apply with the complete application. Once applicants get their nomination from the province can get a work permit support letter from their employer, which allows them to get a temporary work permit and an application can be submitted to Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) for permanent residency alongside.
Therefore, through this program candidates do not need to wait for permanent residency to start their work, and the employer also benefitted equally by having their skilled tech manpower available in priority.
- The candidate’s job offer must have a full-time job offer.
- The job offer must be from one of the 29 eligible occupations.
- The job offer must be at least one year in duration (365 days).
- There must be at least 120 calendar days remaining on the job offer at the time of application.
Must Read : 5 best books to prepare for IELTS
BC PNP Tech Pilot Occupation List
In-Demand Technology Occupations
BC PNP Tech Pilot Features
- A dedicated concierge service so tech employers understand the immigration process with timely and relevant information about the application process.
- Weekly invitations for tech registrants to apply so employers have timely access to qualified individuals in the 29 key technology occupations.
- Priority processing to meet the sector’s fast-paced demands so if you are working in the technology sector and you submit a complete application to the BC PNP, your file will be assigned the next business day to our dedicated technology sector-focused team
- Focused outreach and engagement with the technology sector and industry partners with tailored presentations, networking opportunities, and one-on-one employer support.
Ask your query in Canada Immigration Discussion Forum